ABC Pre-school aims to:
- Provide high quality care and education for children primarily below statutory school age; in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- Add to the life and well-being of its local community;
- Offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
The service offered by ABC Pre-school:
The pre-school is open during term time only. We provide care and education for young children between the ages of 2 years and 5 years.
The curriculum provided by ABC Pre-school
ABC Pre-school follows the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum:
There are 3 Prime areas of learning:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
And 4 Specific areas of learning:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive art and design
For each area of learning the Early Years Foundation Stage sets out early learning goals. These goals state what is expected that a child will know and be able to do by the end of the reception year of their education.